Friday, February 21, 2014

The Living Proof, Perfect Hair Day, line is gluten free!  This is wonderful news as it is my favorite by far of all the Living Proof products I've tried over the years.  I sent the company and email regarding if the brand was gluten free, and they promptly got back to me; here is what they said: 

"Thank you for contacting us here at Living Proof, we really appreciate it! The PHD Line’s formulas do not contain ingredients derived from gluten! However the other lines’ shampoos and conditioners (Full, No Frizz, and Restore) do contain hydrolyzed wheat protein in their formula meaning they are not gluten free."



The PHD line claims to give you the "perfect hair day", it will smooth, give volume, condition, give strength and polish you hair.  I say they live up to these claims very well!  It's hard for me to judge something that is supposed to give volume in hair because I'm notorious for having big hair no matter what products I am using.  But I was definitely impressed when I let my hair air dry! My hair is a bit curly so it can get extremely frizzy, instead I was left with smooth pretty curls.  Usually I touch up my hair with a curling iron when I let it go natural, but there was a no need! When I blew my hair out, it was easy to style and remained smooth and silky.

The line also claims to reduce breakage by 78% on their website. I hope this true, I love coloring my hair, bright white and pink!  I've only been using this product a short time so I'm looking forward to reviewing again after I've finish my first bottle. So far I have no complaints about this product!

Rating: 5 out of 5

Source: Email from Living Proof 2/`18/14

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I've been using the no frizz and my scalp got itchy (although I loved how my hair looked). I can now switch to PHD line!! YAS!

    ReplyDelete